Join the Chamber
The Mission of the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce is to promote and strengthen business and commerce. Through community leadership, we will promote professional growth, community interaction, and develop innovative services to advance economic growth for the area.
To join the Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce, contact the Chamber at:
Grinnell Area Chamber of Commerce
833 Fourth Ave., P.O. Box 538
Grinnell, IA 50112
Phone: 641-236-6555 · Fax: 641-236-3499
Click here to download a printable pdf of opportunity checklist.
- Submit events, job openings, property listings, announcements, sales and promotions to the Chamber’s weekly e-newsletter.
- Update your page in the business directory at www.getintogrinnell.com. Also make sure to post all your events, job openings and property listings. We can make updates for you or give you your own user name and password so you can log in whenever you’d like.
- Share news through your social media channels and we’ll help spread the word. Make sure to fan and follow the Chamber on social media, and check that the Chamber has followed and/or fanned you.
- If you have exciting news to share, ask about being featured or writing a guest post on the Chamber’s blog.
- Ask for advice and assistance with creating social media profiles.
- Submit story ideas, news and testimonials for The Hub, the Chamber’s quarterly newspaper.
- Ask for help writing and distributing a press release if you have news to share with the media.
- Proofread your business listing in the annual Community/Visitor Guide. A draft is emailed to members each year.
- Consider spreading your message by placing an ad in the annual Community/Visitor Guide or in an issue of The Hub.
- Use the Chamber’s bulk mail permit to save on postage for a large mailing. Also ask for help obtaining mailing lists.
- Bring brochures, flyers and coupons to the Chamber office for distribution at our Visitor Center.
- Participate in community events such as Grinnell Games, Grinnell on the Fourth and Jingle Bell Holiday. Ask how to get involved!
- Submit photos and video of your business for use on the Chamber’s website, social media and publications.
- Ensure that you have a current Chamber Member window cling to display in your window.
NETWORKING & CONNECTIONS
- Join the weekly Chamber Ambassadors group to make connections and meet new members, businesses, etc.
- Invite the Chamber Ambassadors to your business if you’re brand new, under new ownership, or celebrating a milestone.
- Ask about hosting a community orientation/update for your employees, or a community tour for new employees or job candidates.
- Ask for assistance connecting with other businesses in the community.
- Your membership includes a dual membership in the Des Moines Partnership, connecting you with 4,700 businesses in Central Iowa.
- Ask for assistance with business plans, site selection and expansion.
- Nominate fellow members for the annual Chamber awards including Business of the Year, Entrepreneur, Volunteer, and more.
- Schedule a meeting with the Chamber Staff to let them know what’s new at your business.
- Accept Chamber Bucks from your customers, and give them as gifts. They are a great way to encourage local spending among members!
- Encourage other businesses to join the Chamber. We are stronger together!
Anything else? Just ask! We often help members with other special projects.