- Residents & Relocation
- Visitors & Tourists
- Event Calendar
- Business Development
- Chamber of Commerce
- Group Planning
In 1959, Founder Don Lamberti leased a store from his father on east 14th and Broadway in Des Moines, Iowa. After nine years of operating this old country store, which he remodeled into a convenience store, Don's gas supplier and friend Kurvin C. Fish, suggested that Don buy the Square Deal Oil Company.
Don followed his advice and purchased the service station with a three-bay garage in Boone, Iowa. Using the knowledge from his store in Des Moines, Don converted the gas station into a convenience store. The Boone store was named "Caseys" by using Kurvin C. Fish's initials.
The third store was built in another small community with a population of only 1,500 - Waukee, Iowa. This was the first Casey's built totally from scratch and proved to be the best store yet. At this point, Don realized he was on to something and decided to establish the stores in communities